Imaging On Call uses a sophisticated system of controls and back-ups to ensure that our teleradiology system is available 24/7.
With a 99.999% uptime over the past 10 years, you can rely on IOC to be up and running when you need us.
Internet Connections Ensure Teleradiology Service Reliability
- IOC radiologists are on different Internet circuits to minimize the impact of any natural disaster that could interrupt service in any particular region
- Servers are connected to the Internet through three totally independent ISP’s, via both above and below ground access to guard against natural disasters and to provide the highest teleradiology connectivity possible
IOC Teleradiology Servers Ensure Your Patients’ Privacy
- Servers housed in a tier 1 co-location facility
- Monitored by security personnel 24/7/365
- Requires biometric identification for access to the data center
- Full fire suppression system
- Triple redundant electrical power supply and diesel powered generators that can supply back-up power within a minute if a total failure of electrical supply should ever occur
Advanced HIPAA Compliant Teleradiology System
Our advanced teleradiology system is also HIPAA compliant, which helps to ensure your patients’ privacy. HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996) is a uniform, federal floor of privacy protections for consumers. It limits the ways that entities can use patients’ personal information and protects the privacy of all medical information no matter what form it is in. Imaging On Call abides by important HIPAA rules to ensure your patients’ privacy is protected:
- We have thoroughly trained all our employees in the privacy procedures and require each to sign a confidentiality agreement
- IOC has written privacy procedures, including a description of staff that has access to protected information, how it will be used and when it may be disclosed